Our motto is that we are always hiring, but we don’t hire often. That’s because we are always searching for just the right candidate to join our Cape May County crew of professional pet sitters.
We are looking for reliable, dedicated employees (25yrs+) who are passionate about pet care. Applicants should also be comfortable working for a technology oriented company who utilizes the latest in software and apps.
We will only hire those who can uphold our very high standards of service. If you understand the serious nature of taking care of other people’s pets, are passionate about animal care, love the outdoors, enjoy the freedom of working independently and love to drive, this could be the perfect career path for you!
Open positions are considered permanent part time, supplemental income only, with the ability to extend hours if desired as you gain
experience as a professional pet sitter. Sitters may be required to work holidays.
TO BE qualified you must:
- Live in CAPE MAY COUNTY (Excluding Ocean City) and be at least 25 years old.
- Own a reliable, gas efficient, insured car, capable in inclement weather.
- Be able to transport pets in your vehicle in an emergency situation.
- Be looking for a long term position, not seasonal employment.
- Have experience with animals (not necessarily in pet sitting).
- Must be able to feed, walk, medicate and observe behavior in pets.
- Be physically fit and able to handle emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Own a Smartphone with data plan on a major network.
- Be willing to commit to specific time blocks of availability on a consistent basis.
- Must be comfortable learning new computer software and apps.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must be able to respond to messages multiple times a day and have an active Facebook account.
- Must be comfortable cleaning up pet accidents.
- If experienced with dogs, must be comfortable handling those that have little obedience training and may pull on the leash.
- Be extremely reliable and dedicated.
- Be willing and capable of working in any type of weather.
- Have superb organizational skills.
- Be able to follow written instruction, be professional and detail oriented.
- Must be willing to work a 15 mile radius from your home.
- Must be able to communicate quickly and effectively with clients and our office, verbally and in writing, including proper grammar and correct spelling.
If hired, you will need to pass a reference check, criminal background check and possible drug screen. You will also be required to go through our online training program plus hands-on training in the field. Additionally, you will be certified in Pet First Aid and CPR through our online program every 2 years.
New sitters come on board as Trainees and are compensated at a rate of 25% of the billed visit. After a Trainee’s skills as a sitter improve, they will be promoted to a Pet Sitter position. Pet Sitters are compensated at a rate of 40% of the billed visit, retain 50% of any last minute and cancellation fees and 100% of holiday fees and cash tips. Online training and hands-on training are paid at a flat rate per hour. Since we hire employees, not independent contractors, we cover all employment taxes as well as workers compensation, paid sick leave, insurance and bonding. While we don’t pay into any health insurance plans, we do offer employee paid group plans that may be a better rate for some staff members.
If you are interested in becoming a Zoo Sitter, please complete the following form.