Consider becoming a Zoo Sitters Pet Sitter!
motto is that we are always hiring, but we don't hire often. That's because we are always looking for just the right pet care
professional to join our crew of professional pet sitters.
Not just anyone can become a Zoo Sitters
We are looking for reliable, dedicated employees (25yrs+) who are passionate about pet care. Applicants should also be comfortable working for a technology
oriented company who utilizes the latest in software and apps.
We will only
hire those who can uphold our very high standards of service. If you understand the serious nature of taking care of other
people's pets, are passionate about animal care, love the outdoors, enjoy the freedom of working independently and love to
drive, this could be the perfect career path for you! Availability:
Open positions are considered permanent part time, supplemental income
only, with the ability to extend hours if desired as you gain experience as a professional pet sitter. Sitters may be required
to work holidays.
To be qualified you MUST:
- Live within one of our service zip codes and be at least 25 years old.
- Own a reliable, gas efficient, insured car, capable in inclement weather.
- Be able to transport pets in your vehicle in an emergency situation.
Be looking for a long term position, not seasonal employment.
- Have experience
with animals (not necessarily in pet sitting).
- Must be able to feed, walk,
medicate and observe behavior in pets.
- Be physically fit and able to handle
emergency situations in a calm manner.
- Own a Smartphone with data plan on
a major network.
- Be willing to commit to specific time blocks
of availability on a consistent basis.
- Must be comfortable learning new
computer software and apps.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must be able to respond to messages multiple times a day and have an active Facebook
- Must be comfortable cleaning up pet accidents.
- If experienced with dogs, must be comfortable handling those that have little obedience training and may pull on
- Be extremely reliable and dedicated. Calling out is only acceptable
in emergency situations.
- Be willing and capable of working in any type
- Have superb organizational skills and must be able to follow
- Must be professional and detail oriented.
- Must be able to communicate quickly and effectively with clients and our office, verbally
and in writing, including proper grammar and correct spelling.
If hired, you will need to pass a reference check, criminal background check
and possible drug screen. You will also be required to go through our online training program (paid compensation) plus Hands-On
Training in the field. Additionally, you will be certified in Pet First Aid and CPR through our online program (paid compensation)
every 2 years.
New sitters come on board as Trainees and are compensated at a rate of 40% of the billed
visit. After a Trainee's skills as a sitter improve, they will be promoted to a Pet Sitter position. Pet Sitters are compensated
at a rate of 50% of the billed visit, retain 50% of any last minute and cancellation fees and 100% of holiday fees and their
gratuity. Online training, hands-on training and staff meetings are paid at a flat rate per hour. Since we hire employees,
not independent contractors, we cover all employment taxes as well as workers compensation, insurance and bonding. While we
do not offer health insurance, we do offer a group health insurance plan, paid 100% by the employee, that may be a better
rate for some staff members.
If interested, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to our online application. We do not accept resumes.