Here at Zoo Sitters, we really pride ourselves on getting great pictures of our client’s pets and sharing them with pet parents in our visit updates. We are often asked how we get such great pictures!
Here are some tips to getting the purrrfect pet picture right from your phone!
1. Hold your phone vertically as this can really make a picture jump off the page! Keep the subject the main focus of your picture instead of the background.
2. Fill the entire frame with your pet. Move toward your pet or zoom in and fill the frame! Don’t be afraid to get close. Be careful with the zoom feature on some phones as this can distort the picture and cause it to appear blurry.
3. Use natural lighting but taking pictures outside. Outside photos usually turn out great! Avoid using a flash since this can make your pet’s eyes look like they are glowing.
4. Get comfortable with a photo editor app. This can really make a so-so picture turn into a gem! We love the editors that come with the SnapSeed and Artisto apps!
5. Be Patient and be prepared to take a lot of pictures before you get just the right one. Pets are notorious for turn their heads at just the right second. Consider using a “multi-shot” setting.